Raleigh Same Day Dental Crowns
Raleigh dentist Dr. Justin Russo uses porcelain crowns to protect your teeth from fracturing apart and needing root canals and/or extraction. A porcelain crown is a type of dental prosthetic that can be used to restore the function of a tooth. Crowns are made from high-quality ceramic materials that are designed to match the color, shape, and size of your natural teeth. In addition, crowns are highly durable and can last for many years with proper care. A porcelain crown will not only strengthen your tooth but will also improve the appearance of a tooth with a large filling because most fillings are flat and not contoured well. If a tooth requires a root canal, a porcelain crown is used to protect all root canal-treated teeth from fracturing.
Advantages of Dental Bridges and Crowns
A dental crown can also help to hold a dental bridge in place. A dental bridge is simply two crowns with a fake porcelain tooth (pontic) in-between to “bridge” the space. If a dental bridge is recommended to replace a missing tooth, our Raleigh dentist Dr. Russo will carefully fit you for a temporary bridge while the permanent bridge is constructed. While you are waiting for your permanent bridge, you will need to be careful with the food you eat. Once your permanent bridge is in place, you can eat your favorite foods with no issues.
Advantages of Dental Bridges and Crowns:
- Bridges the gap between missing teeth
- Bridges are a non-surgical way to replace a missing tooth
- Bridges can be completed in a much shorter period than it takes implants to heal.
- Bridges help prevent teeth around a missing tooth from tipping into the space requiring braces (orthodontics) to fix
- Prevents bacteria from forming in the open gum, which can lead to gum disease and tooth decay
- Improves the appearance of your smile
- May improve your speech pattern
This patient came in wanting to fix her existing veneers on her two front teeth. She felt they were too thick and bulky. Raleigh Dentist Dr. Justin Russo gave her a more feminine result that looked very natural, and she was very pleased with the results!