How to Get Whiter Teeth
It’s common knowledge that as we get older, we tend to lose our bright white smiles. When our tooth enamel wears down and thins over time, our teeth will start to stain and discolor more easily, but you don’t have to give up on the dream of having that perfect, white smile.Getting a whiter, brighter smile could be easier than you think. You can reverse the discoloring of your teeth through several different methods, both naturally and professionally. There are many common home remedies that some people use to whiten their teeth. These solutions include:
- Brushing with baking soda
- Brushing with hydrogen peroxide
- Oil pulling
- Rubbing lemon, orange, or banana peels on your teeth
- Using apple cider vinegar
While these methods sound like simple, cheap solutions to whiten your teeth, they’re not particularly good for your long-term oral health. Plus, these remedies are not guaranteed to work, and in some cases, they can damage your teeth after only a few uses. Since most of them involve using a form of acid in an attempt to whiten your teeth, they can actually end up weakening or thinning your teeth instead. When it comes to teeth whitening, it’s better to leave it to the professionals.
Professional Teeth Whitening
The better, healthier, and more permanent solution is professional teeth whitening. You can choose from bleaching treatments, teeth whitening trays, whitening strips, laser light treatments, and more. Going to a general or cosmetic dentist for teeth whitening will guarantee an effective solution that lasts. Here’s why going to a dentist for teeth whitening is the better option:
- Better tools: Anyone can buy over-the-counter whitening strips, but those aren’t nearly as effective as what a professional dentist has access to. Odds are, products that professionals use have a stronger concentration of whiteners, meaning your teeth will look whiter for longer. Since their tools are stronger and more effective, your whitened teeth won’t fade as fast as someone using an at-home method. Not to mention the fact that dentists have many methods to whitening teeth and can find a solution that works for you.
- More knowledge: Dentists know teeth. They know what can whiten them and what solutions would damage them. Going to a dentist means that you won’t end up hurting your teeth in the process.
It’s simple – dentists know what they’re doing. Professional teeth whitening is guaranteed to work and have longer-lasting, more dramatic results.
It takes time for you to see results from many traditional forms of teeth whitening. Teeth whitening trays or strips can take weeks before you start to see any significant change.
If you want faster, more dramatic results, zoom whitening is the professional teeth whitening treatment for you. Zoom whitening involves an in-office bleaching treatment that has same-day results. Your dentist will apply a whitening gel to your teeth that activates after being put under a special light and effectively bleaches your teeth while getting rid of the stains and discoloration.
Zoom in-office whitening is a non-invasive treatment that will dramatically whiten your teeth in no time. Instead of slowly whitening your teeth over time, zoom whitening will have your teeth whiter and brighter within the hour. Dr. Justin Russo of Russo Dentistry is a cosmetic dentist in the Raleigh, Durham, and Cary, North Carolina areas who offers zoom whitening treatments as a professional tooth whitening method. With Dr. Russo, you can have the pearly white smile of your dreams.
Don’t waste your time on home remedies that only work half the time. If you want to get rid of the stains and discoloring in your teeth, choose professional teeth whitening, and receive effective treatment with dramatic results.