Society has triggered millions of Americans to dread and postpone annual medical appointments — appointments designed to monitor general patient wellness. Going to the dentist is no different. Statistics show that many are avoiding it at all cost.
- 35.6 percent of American adults have gone more than one year without visiting the dentist.
- 22 percent of Americans are afraid of going to the dentist.
- 1 in 4 American adults reportedly avoid smiling due to the condition of their mouth, according to the American Dental Association.
Those numbers are startling. And yet, they are also the drivers that have propelled medical providers globally to evolve their practices to create medical, more spa-like experiences. The type of experience that welcomes patients into an environment they so often try to avoid. Our dental practices must also evolve, which is why our general and cosmetic Raleigh dental office took an innovative approach to what it means to go to the dentist.
While the space is certainly beautiful, it was intentionally designed to help break the notion of fear and create an enjoyable and relaxing environment for all patients. We believe that by creating a new experience for Raleigh patients, we can improve overall dental health.
That’s why instead of a sterile, traditional dental office, we took a new approach. And it’s one we think you should be part of.
Not your average dental office
Our Raleigh office is one that will surprise you — offering everything you never expected to see from your dentist:
- Bose headphones in all patient rooms block out the drilling and cleaning noises that so many patients hate to hear.
- In-room, ceiling-mounted televisions offer patients complete access to Amazon Prime streaming, providing a welcomed distraction to binge watch your favorite shows without thinking about the dental procedures underway.
- Tempur-Pedic-like chair covers and warm neck pillows work to trigger relaxation in what usually is a tense environment for those that dread the dentist.
- In-house beverage station and coffee bar, because why not?
For us it’s about more than cleanings, crowns and cosmetic procedures. It’s about meeting the dental health needs of patients through a new way of healthcare. The kind of care that prioritizes the person in the chair above the procedure that needs to get done.
A visit that gives you more than a cleaning
Whether you’ve had anxiety that forces you to put off your dental appointments, or you are a busy parent that could use an hour to watch a show not on the Disney channel. It’s time to make your appointment with Russo Dentistry. It’s time to rethink how we go to the dentist.